PSP40616 Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting is a nationally-accredited qualification designed for those responsible for the procurement of goods and services in the public sector.
This qualification delivers specialist skills and knowledge for purchasing, procurement and contracting activities as well as an understanding of the public sector business environment. Participants will learn how to plan, scope and manage procurement processes; develop and manage contracts; conduct research and analyse information; identify, plan for and manage risk in the procurement process; and exercise delegations.
Structured to align with the Australian Government Procurement Process, learning is flexible and self-paced through an online delivery model.
Upon successful completion of this 12-month course, participants will possess the skills to confidently operate in a procurement or contracting role without supervision.
Is this course for you?
This qualification is relevant for project managers, contract managers and those who undertake procurement activities or manage contracts on behalf of their organisation, particularly in the public sector. Roles include:
- Procurement Officers
- Procurement Policy Officers
- Purchasing Officers
- Administration Officers
- Contract Administrators
- Contract Managers
- Project Managers
To be successful in completing this qualification, participants need to be working in a procurement environment in order to complete assessment tasks.
Entry level requirements
- All students must be 18 years of age or over at the time of applying for admission
- All students must be an Australian citizen or resident
- English requirement:
Entry into this course requires IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent in line with Department of Home Affairs regulations OR
Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months OR
Completion of an approved English Language course
- Academic requirements:
Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course OR
Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements
- Must be working in an environment with access to projects
- Access to computer and internet facilities
Complete the PSP40616 Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting entirely online over 12 months.
Participants attend this course through our online platform where they'll get:
- access to online learning materials such as webinars, ebooks and quizzes
- access to a dedicated industry facilitator who is also a project management professional
- the opportunity to collaborate with other learners
- the chance to discuss and share their knowledge and experience.
Customised delivery for business
We can deliver this qualification direct to your organisation or team and customise content relevant to your business needs.
Units of study
The following units will be covered in this delivery of PSP40616 Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting:
- PSPPCM004 – Plan procurement
- PSPGEN043 – Apply government processes
Scope the Procurement
- PSPGEN027 – Gather and analyse information
- PSPGEN038 – Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN039 – Develop internal and external networks
Determine the procurement method
- PSPGEN076 – Use public sector financial processes
- PSPPCM012 – Plan for procurement outcomes
Prepare to approach the market
- PSPLEG002 – Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPGEN024 – Use resources to achieve work unit goals
Approach the market
- PSPPCM005 – Develop and distribute requests for offers
- PSPGEN033 – Use advanced workplace communication strategies
Evaluate submissions and conclude tender process
- PSPPCM006 – Select providers and develop contracts
- PSPGEN042 – Exercise delegations
- PSPETH002 – Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
Manage the contract
- PSPPCM007 – Manage contracts
You'll be assessed on your ability to manage an engineering project end-to-end.
The Moreland Group (RTO number 6332) provides accredited technical and professional training to help advance the practice of engineering and related roles for the benefit of the community.
Facilitated and assessed by leading industry experts, the team is located nation-wide to support participants through their studies. Visit The Moreland Group website to find out more.